These delicious little (or not so little, depending on how big I cut them) cakes are helping me through these incredibly busy days sorting, form filling, telephoning, packing, organising and trying to live a normal (whatever that is) life too! I've made 4 big batches the past couple of weeks - one for us, one for Luca's birthday party, one for his class at school and one for nursery bake sale (the bake sale batch sold out in 15 minutes!).
1 and a half x family size bags of Maltesers (half bag crushed)
Half a large family size bar of milk chocolate broken into pieces
Half a packet of Digestive biscuits broken into small pieces
Approx 85g of unsalted butter
3 tbs golden syrup
1. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Remove bowl from over the heat.
2. Add the Digestives, and then the crushed Maltesers until well combined.
3. Allow to cool slightly, then stir through the rest of the whole Maltesers.
4. Line a 1lb loaf tin or flat tin with cling film, pour in the mixture and press down well, but be careful not to crush the whole Maltesers.
5. Chill in refrigerator until set. About 2 hours min.
6. Slice the chocolate malteser cake into chunky fingers or squares.
So easy, how can you resist? Indulge and enjoy!
PS - Thanks to my sister for this recipe!