Monday 7 June 2010

All shopped out (well... not quite)


So I can tell you that Dusseldorf was a success.  A huge success.  For all kinds of reasons.

Once we arrived in Dusseldorf around 11am, the day went something like this.

The day was hot hot hot.

A Starbucks latte to kick off with (no Starbucks where I live, so this was high on my list). 

Wandering along the admiring all the BIG fashion and jewellry designer stores 
(cha ching prices of course). 

Discovering a new fav boutique (that I've also found online now - Prego - yippee!) 

Shopping.

A lunch stop of calamari and cold cold beer (delicious) by the river.

More shopping.
And more shopping.


A Starbucks iced Strawberries & Cream frappacino to cool down.

Rest for an hour back at the hotel.

Mexican food for dinner. 

Big pitchers of frozen Margaritas - our noise level escalated a little after this!

A late evening walk to another little Italian bar for 
Grappa and Amaretto and of course delicious dessert.

Dancing at the end of the night.  

Walking home in the early hours when the air was still warm. 

Climbing into crispy hotel sheets (one of my fav things) and falling into a deep sleep.  

Waking with no alarm call, no 'hello mama', no noise.  Ahh!

Big breakfasts, lots of coffee and juice.

Walking in the sunshine.

Home.

Dusseldorf had such a great feel about it, and it was so good to be back in a BIG city.

 

One day is all it takes for a recharge and a sense of being myself again.  No-one else to worry about.  No-one to keep checking on.  No-one to organise the day around.   No 100 things to juggle.  I enjoyed it all, and came home a refreshed mama (just a tad tired after getting to bed at 2am - yes 2am!) and so happy to see the kiddos and Huzz again.

PS - Shoes, underwear and a scarf were purchased - yay!  Still no clogs or Laura Mercier products, yet!

6 comments:

  1. Oh shame about the clogs and Laura Mercier! But sounds like you had am amazing time and had lots of fun. Next time I am coming with you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I am jealous. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I LOVED those clogs... I'm sure you'll find them soon...

    I'm exhausted after all that vicarious shopping, off to have a coffee.... in my kitchen sadly. Byeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man! i wouldn´t have changed a thing. sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - what a perfect day. Especially the cold beer and calamari and the shopping. Did you know that the average woman spends 8 years of her life shopping? I think you and I have just fulfilled our quota. No Starbucks - I thought there was one everywhere!

    I keep seeing Hibiscus everywhere. Bought my son some shorts - the pattern was Hibiscus. Then there was this Hibiscus cordial http://hibdrinks.com/. It's a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. deer baby - I'm haunting you! ;-) Thanks for the link to the hibiscus drinks. I love hibicus lemonade, a lovely soft pink colour. I'll have to see if I can order any for delivery here. I know, its criminal that I don't have a Starbucks - in fact there are just a handful across the whole of NL and I'm hoping they since sense and open one here soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails