Thursday 7 June 2012

two lovely new books

I won a fabulous new book from Jeanne at Collage of Life.  Lucky me.  If you don't already know Jeanne, you are missing out.  She has a bounty of stories to tell from her travels and living in a number of continents (she's moving to Vietnam soon!), her discoveries in England, her family and her home, her love of books and postcards!  You must stop by and say hello.

The Pefectly Imperfect Home - How to Decorate & Live Well is written by Deborah Needleman, the founding editor of Domino magazine (which is once again available, but just a couple of times this year - but anything is better than nothing right?).  This book gives advice on how to make your house a real home - not a staged space.  Homes are for living and this books focusses on elements such as lighting, personalising your space, creating cozy areas, welcoming entrance ways etc.  I'm looking forward to a few tips to incorporate into our new home.  Thank you Jeanne.



My other delightful new book is 'La Tartine Gourmande - Recipes for an Inspire Life' by Beatrice Peltre.  After seeing this short movie I knew I had to add this book to my collection.


This lovely book has a collect of 100 recipes inspired by Beatrice's native France and travels in Denmark New Zealand and the US.  Delicious recipes all beautiful photography by the author make this book hard to put down!  There is also a fabulous and highly regarded blog filled with wonderful images and delicious food.

I am looking forward to summer days sitting in the garden planning my home and my meals from now on in!

2 comments:

  1. What a treat! I see Jeanne is hosting another giveaway this week - she is too good to us! I hope you get some chill out time to read those lovely gifts. I read your comment; sounds like you are well and truly settled in the states now. I think of you as sometimes the prospect of a move comes onto the cards for us. When and if it does, you will be one of the first people I contact to get the low-down! You have zigzagged the globe! Take care, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to check Bea's blog - lovely lovely pictures. A feast for the eyes. And the recipes look yum, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails