Monday 22 April 2013

silver or gold?

For many years I wore gold jewelry.  Rings, bracelets, earrings, charms - that my parents or family gave to me as gifts during my teens.  I never wore silver.

And then sometime in my early 30s that all changed and silver became my metal of choice.  My gold jewelry got tucked away in little boxes and has rarely seen the light of day since.  The Huzz travelled with work and would return home with gorgeous silver cuffs and necklaces from Mexico.  Beautiful creations that recieved so many compliments, and I've worn them ever since.

But now I find myself looking a gold again.  Not particuarly the 'real' deal, but golden trinkets with warm glows that I find look so great on lightly tanned summer skin (oh yes I am longing for those summer days).  I need to open up those boxes of trinkets that have been tucked away for so long and try on some treasures again.  In the meantime, here are a few other pieces that have caught my eye recently.


  


 
images via Pinterest


What about you?  Do you have a preference for gold or silver jewelry, statement or delicate pieces?

H A P P Y   M O N D A Y.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I tend to lean toward silver, but sometimes cold is my fancy for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails