Tuesday 25 June 2013

two for tuesday - yuna

A little YouTube music video surfing revealed someone new to me today - Yuna.  Her voice is beautiful and reminds me of Corine Bailey Rae (recently featured on my Two for Tuesday posts) and she is a talented acoustic guitar player too.

Yuna grew up in Malaysia, and began playing guitar and writing music when she was 19.  She has gone on to win numerous music awards in Malaysia and praise from some of the biggest names in music - Pharrell Williams, Russell Simmons - and has appeared on The Tonight Show and Conan in the US.   The song 'Shine Your Way' performed by Yuna with Owl City, was the theme song in the animation movie 'The Croods'.  Her newest EP released in May this year - Sixth Street.   One to add to my collection I think.

I Wanna Go.



Live Your Life



E N J O Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails