Monday 2 June 2014

jamie oliver at home party

Jamie Oliver At Home :  Beth Morin
So thrilled to be hosting the first ever Jamie Oliver At Home party in Portland (and the Pacific North West) tomorrow.

Being a Brit, and having followed Jamie Oliver since his early days, when we were all more than a little taken with the idea of the 'Naked Chef' (don't tell me that didn't get you thinking?!), I'm excited to be having a house full of friends to view the Jme collection of products for cooking, entertaining, dining and serving that has become available in the US for one year now.
JME pretty mixing bowls
Our kitchen book shelf is heaving under a stack of Jamie Oliver cook books that we've collected over the years, and some of my favourite go to recipes are his.  The best every Chilli con Jamie (I will use this recipe forever) and Chilli Cheese Cornbread from Jamie's America , and the delicious Seafood Risotto from Jamie's Italy are all regulars on our menu. Plus so many other great recipes.

I love Jamie's enthusiasm for food, but not only that.  He is a real leader in bringing food education and healthy eating to kids.  Teaching kids where food comes from and making the right choices.  He now has the Big Rig here in the US, a mobile kitchen built in an enormous truck, that visits schools and communities giving children cooking lessons.  The Big Rig has just finished at 40 week, 6 city tour, giving cooking classes to over 5,000 children.

Jamie is all about enjoying food, from the growing and shopping, to preparation, cooking, sharing and eating with family and friends, and the products are of a quality and design that goes hand in hand with all of this.

I'll update you after Tuesday with what I'm sure will be more than a few purchases I make.

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I love Jamie (and Jools)....he's a breath of fresh air with great principles & he's someone who tries to make a difference. Love his books too.

    Have fun with At Home party, I think it's a great range :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, I love Jamie (who doesn't?!). There is one of his cafes (recipease) round the corner from where I live. I am a regular :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails