Friday 23 April 2010

Take it to the maxi

I love a maxi dress in the summer.  Not in the winter as they feel too bundled up with tights and boots underneath.  But in the summer they feel sexy, breezy, light and feminine.  I wore a black maxi dress during the summer months of being pregnant with Ruby and had so many compliments with my big belly!  Last year Huzz spotted a blue and white patterned halterneck maxi dress whilst we were on vacation.  I'm not normally drawn to blue (as mentioned in this blog) but this dress was lovely and it will be coming with us on vacation again soon.

Here's a few that have caught my eye this week.

Both by J Crew



Both Monsoon

Wishing you a great weekend and long may the sun shine too.

12 comments:

  1. those first two are my fave! these dresses are so comfy and summery, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maxi dresses are the best. especially because i am tall and don't really do heels as my hubby is the same height as me. i love wearing long dresses...mostly because i can don flat footwear! looking for a nice one to wear to a summer ball in july. (i like that red one) i wore one when i was pregnant to a party in december and felt great : ) i actually miss my bump still a little bit!

    lovely sunshine here too...enjoy yours this weekend. xX

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge fan of the maxi dress. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just bought one which looks lot like the last one, but i'd love to have one of the first 2 too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you holidaying?? The first two dresses are lovely, I'd wear them as evening dresses, well I would if I were slimmer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love the maxi dress. Wear mine with jewelled flip flops and a long necklace. The ultimate comfort dinner wear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got lured into buying this one last week: http://www.oasis-stores.com/Paisley-Print-Maxi-Dress/Maxi-Dress/oasis/fcp-product/4470062261
    May the sunshine be with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VBC - We'll be on the Florida gulf coast. Yay!
    MM - Nice choice from Oasis. I hadn't looked there but may have to now!
    Kelly - I miss having a bump sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE them! J Crew can do no wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that grey J Crew one best. Roll on the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. me too - maxi dresses are great - comfortable and pretty with a boho feel :-) Love the ones you've found :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails