Thursday 7 October 2010

a new scent

I'm quite a creature of habit when it comes to scent.  I've been wearing and loving Chanel No. 5 and No. 19 forever.  A couple of years ago I went through a Prada phase with Infusion d'Iris which is such a light scent and perfect for summer time.

Then, whilst passing through Edinburgh airport last week, I got waylaid by the fragrance displays, and I'm now the owner of the Alberta Ferretti  scent launched in 2009. The chunky bottle caught my eye first, next the images of those beautiful Ferretti dresses came into my mind, and then of course a little spritz. Lovely elements of freesia, pink pepper and Sicilian bergamot, sweet peas, ylang-ylang, Casablanca lily, while a base adds patchouli and golden amber.  We'll see if this becomes as popular as my Chanel favourites.

'Inspired by the sensuality of a woman'

The ever gorgeous Claudia Schiffer as the 'face' of the fragrance.

Do you have a favourite scent?
Have you been wearing the same one for years?
 Or do you have a little selection to pick from depending on your mood?

5 comments:

  1. Mitsouko! Spicy and not too sweet, my absolute favorite, though the bottle is not to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good scent! I don't have a regular scent; I try to mix it up a little. My favorite was a cheapo one from the drugstore, but they discontinued it, and I haven't found a replacement favorite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm super picky... for years i wore "la dolce vita" by dior but now i have been wearing a beautiful one with myrrh, etc. it's called "mirra", and i first tried it because of my daughter's name. it's not too sweet, but a little bit heady and just light enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolute fav is the Ginger scent from Origins. Soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a creature of habit too but recently got Marc Jacobs Daisy with some vouchers...it's lovely for an everyday fragrance. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails