Tuesday 18 June 2013

two for tuesday - texas

Texas were one of my favourite bands in the late 80s / and 90s   I admired not only Sharleen Spiteri's voice and songs but her style too.

I saw Texas play twice in the UK - at the Town & Country Club in Kentish Town, London (now known as The Forum) and once at the V-Festival in Chelmsford Essex.  I have a good few of their albums and one of Sharleen's solo albums too, but I hadn't listed to them for such a long time.  And then today I came across some news of a new album and single release.  The band are back after a 6 year break and sound just as great as I remembered.  Time to start playing once again all those songs I used to love and listen to so much.

Here's one of my very favourites, and one of the oldest from the band.

I Don't Want a Lover - Southside (1989)



Here's the most recent song from the latest Texas album - The Conversation.




E N J O Y



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails